Sunday, December 1, 2013

Week 2 Osaka

Well hello everybody =

I hope everybody is doing good. Hope everybody isnt freezing to bad, cuz it is so cold hear! ahhhh! I rarely take off my coat =) I think I have turned into kinda a baby =) I hope everybody had a wonderful thanksgiving. For thanksgiving we went to all you can eat pizza place. I ate so many pieces i was up to about 16, but the only side effect was we got kinda sick and had the runs for a while =( So just some advice do not eat alot of japanese pizza it is bad for the body and probably the soul =)haha 
 
We had some unfortunate events. One of our yakushosha Brother Fujii( people with a baptismal date) wife turned hantai(opposed). She has stopped all communication in between us. So we tried to fix it by giving her flowers. We went and bought flowers and tried to talk to her but she took the flowers then slammed the door. We later that day got
a call from the wife and she told us never to call, visit or try and contact them again. We also had another Yakushosha who told us that he would never convert and we were just wasting our time. We also had three other investigators who told us they didn't want to hear our message anymore because we don't know Japanese fluently. we tried all we could to convince them that we would try our hardest but it didn't help. they blocked our numbers.We also we spoke(didn't come) 4 times this week. I have never had a harder time in my life. To see people I loved so much turn away from their heavenly father. we prepare so much but people just turn away. After the last spoke on Sunday night my companion said a quote that has really helped me so much. "During WW2 the highest honor was given to the man who smiled before a German firing squad." When it seem as if death is staring you in the eyes at times just smile! The work of God will continue, but at times he sees it fit to test his missionaries where there heart is at? And I am proud to say my heart is planted on Christ, where I can not fall! 

Love you all so very much as always got 2 go 

Elder Goff

No comments: