Sunday, November 9, 2014

Week 9 Tokushima

Hello everybody!

I am sorry I haven’t been able to write the past two weeks. Last week we had a district softball tournament and we had to drive for 1½ hrs and play and then come back. We had an appointment to get to so we only had like 5 min a piece. Sorry. But any who this  week. The weather here is very sporadic. It’s hot then it’s really cold it just can’t make up its mind.  

So we had a cool experience this week. So we went to give a less active a Book of Mormon because she had lost hers. And it was like an 1½  bike ride. Well we delivered it but we felt like we should go for another 45 min to a park by the ocean. So as I have learned when you think you should do something you go. So we went and it was amazing because well I got lost but eventually found it and we happened to go at the exact time as another guy. We just very friendly talked with him and found out that he was touring the sea line of all of Japan., He had been going for over a year and he is almost done. But anyway I guess he is a pretty famous guy. He has been a body guard for a lot of very, very famous people including the president when he came to Japan. But we gave him a simple little card about the website of the church and said our goodbyes. And began riding back. (by the way the way back was really, really cold! ) But on Friday we got back from a missionary meeting and we ran into him at the train station. It was his last day in our area. He said that he wanted to tour the church. So we went together and he had a ton of interest. So we just referred him to the next place he is going to. But I thought it was so cool that we were able to see him again.

Then also recently, our mission president has come out with a new mission theme, which is "Walk with me". There are so many meanings to this but he will not let us know his opinion. So we have been challenged to study it on our own. As I have studied, I have found two main things. The first is that the me is Christ and Christ is telling us walk with me and do as I have done. But the other thing I really liked is that as members we can say this to other people. Walk with me. I will walk you to my Saviors presence. As I have applied this every day I have found the need to share more of my personal feelings and thoughts in order to say. Look at my life; look, how I have been able to change I want the same for you. This is really helping me understand more of a missionaries and a member’s responsibility. It is funny I have been a missionary for about 1½ yrs and I am barely figuring it out. I wish I could have known all this before. People truly do change and I have seen such a change in myself. I am so thankful I made the decision to serve a mission. 

I love you all and hope you all have a wonderful week. Set an example and bring others to Christ. This is our duty =)  

Elder Goff