I never thought this
day would come, I can't believe I go home this Friday. The time has gone
by so fast I can't believe it. I know that everybody says this at the end but
it is so true. It seems like I just got here. I feel like I'm just getting the
hang of being a missionary and now it's going to end. But I guess that's the way
it goes.
Recently I have been thinking a lot about these past two years. It is
so amazing to see the change that has happened in investigators lives and also
the change that has come to my life. I have seen that as I have given myself to
the work that the Lord has changed me.
Just as C.S. Lewis states "hand it
all over me, the whole outfit, all of your desires, all of your wants and
wishes and dreams. Turn them all over to me, give yourself to me and I will
make you a new self in my image. Give me yourself and in exchange I will
give you myself. My will shall become your will. My heart shall become your
heart."
Don’t get me wrong I am not even close to perfect but one thing that I
can say is that in these two years of giving my life to Lord I have been able to
see him Change me. And I can make the promise to anybody who has a desire to do
the same that if they go on a mission and if they serve with all their soul that
they will be able to see a huge Change in their life, you will be able to
represent Christ.
I love my mission. It will be something that I will never forget. It has been hard, really hard. But that makes the joy even sweeter. I would urge everybody to come on a mission. It truly is the best. It is the work of the Lord and he is in his work. You can see evidence of his hand daily. God is there and He loves us. He wants so badly to help us back. And finally I want to testify that this gospel is the way back! It is true and I know it.
I love my mission. It will be something that I will never forget. It has been hard, really hard. But that makes the joy even sweeter. I would urge everybody to come on a mission. It truly is the best. It is the work of the Lord and he is in his work. You can see evidence of his hand daily. God is there and He loves us. He wants so badly to help us back. And finally I want to testify that this gospel is the way back! It is true and I know it.
Love, Elder Goff
| Lunch with Nagaoka |
| Good Bye District Lunch |
| Sashimi (raw Fish) so good! |
| Sashimi (raw Fish) so good! |