こにちわ!!!!
Hello everybody!!! This week was
super hard! It seemed like every attempt we tried to tell people about the
gospel we just got slapped in the face, but I guess there were some ups. Last P-day we were going to the shrine but it was closed so we went and ate and you
will see by the picture, it was massive. It is called the king size; it is double
the biggest size on the menu. One Japanese guy said it takes him 4 days to
finish it. I conquered it in 20 min, but was kinda sick. It was awesome the
whole restaurant was staring at me. And they all cheered when I finished! So something cool in Japan you have to eat
every grain of rice or you are super rude. So my chopstick skills have greatly
improved!
Well we picked up a new investigator
this week. He is part of a part member family. I guess he finally wants to
learn what we do. We had a first lesson and talked about god and eternal
families. It is really awesome to tell people they are a child of god. There is
this glow that immediately enters their countenance. Please never take it for
granted. I know I have at times in my life but it truly has changed me seeing Japan
and they have no concept of god. So in Japan all the people are no more than 2
generation converts. So the missionaries are treated like heroes. It is truly
amazing to see how much it lightens up there day just to talk with us. They
have such dendo fire! Missionary work
fire! I love I wish the whole world was like this. Missionary work would
explode.
Also this week was Matsue’s summer festival it
was so crazy. Yesterday they had the biggest firework show I have ever seen! So Matsue sits on the edge of a huge lake. They had boats out on the lake shooting off fireworks.
It was pretty cool!
Well I am about out of time, I love
you all and challenge everyone to consider their relationship with their Heavenly
Father and to try and remember what it means to be a child off God. Even though
this week was hard I was able to stay positive through knowing this.
Love you all
Love you all