Matsue is a pretty big city, it’s about the size of Provo. There are two of us missionaries for about 80 miles all directions. We get contacts by talking to people mostly streeting and housing. The members have given us a few contacts though. Right now, we are teaching 8 investigators. We have about 20 possible investigators that we are going to visit this week.
So just one story is we found this family.
We had a super hard week but we were guided to them and we ended up standing at
their door for about 1 hour. They have three kids under five. They are still in
college. But they absolutely love the idea about eternal families. They want us
to visit every time they have time. They are amazing so in one week we found
them and visited them 2 more times. Hopeful they will be baptized in about a month
or so. Awesome family!
| The Takuwa Family |
I ride a bike everyday probably
about 2 to 4 miles a day. Walk about 1 mile, except recently we have been just
going lesson to lesson. We are getting super busy. I didn’t have to buy a
bike but what they did is we all paid the money for a new bike then it goes to
a fund and if a bike is no good you get money to buy a new one.
The nastiest thing I have eaten was probably
wasabi shrimp or this drink called mougi cha, it taste like cigarette smell in
water yuck.
The Japanese language is coming pretty
all right. I can handle most of a street
contact and I can teach the more simple parts of lessons. So it’s all good, except
I only know church terms so it’s hard to have a normal conversation.
My companion is so amazing. He works
so hard, we are constantly zipping around and running. I have never sweated so
much. He never stops until 10:00. He is an awesome cook to so I will have lots
of food to make everyone.
Well I don’t have time this week we
are planning a pizza party so I have to go shopping with members. Love you all.
Japan is Awesome!