Sunday, April 20, 2014

Week 22 Osaka


Well hello everybody! Happy Easter!

Well I guess I will answer the question everybody is wondering, Do they celebrate Easter in Japan? And unfortunately the answer is no =( Sadly. But in my heart I celebrated it as I got to share Christ’s gospel. One cool this is that we found a new investigator on Easter. He is really good. He says out of all the religions he loves Christianity. This guy is about 65 yrs old and has a pretty interesting life story. So I guess when he was a teenager his parents kicked him out of the house. He said he was homeless for about 1 year, but then something amazing happened. He was standing around a local bonfire and he got to close. His body lit on fire. He finally got it put out but then went unconscious; when he woke up he was in a strange house. Somebody had taken him to the house. They had food on a tray by him and a note. The note said, this house is now yours. There is more food in the fridge. Call this number they are expecting you. They will give you a job. Then the note was signed, A follower of Jesus Christ. He still does not know to the day who did that but all he can do is thank Christ. When we told him we were Christian missionaries he told us to come in. We sat on the ground and talked. He told us this story and we shared a message. By the end he told us he would like to join our church. 

This story is truly humbling to me. The first thing is that whoever did this is truly is a follower of Christ. This person was not seeking glory or recognition he was simply going about doing good. The next part is that the Lord truly does prepare people to receive his gospel. 

I love this wonderful time of the year where we have the opportunity to celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! As many other have said I shall also say that Christ lives. That he truly did rise from the tomb and we shall also! I am truly beyond words grateful for the opportunity I have to share this beautiful message with the world! 

Love Elder Goff