Sunday, October 5, 2014

Week 4 Tokushima

So ya this week was good =) We got hit with a nasty storm last night but that’s all good. Today for lunch we went to a buffet. I ate way too much and feel sick but ohhh well. I think my stomach has shrunk so much! Also this week we were invited to a members funeral which was really odd. They buried him the Japanese way so ya I dint understand a lot of it but ohh well. But it was cool because us missionaries sang if you could hie to kolob in English and then the bishop bore his testimony and it touch a lot of people. Most people were not members so ya that was cool. It was way sad to see the family suffer not knowing the plan of salvation. Then after that we went to this super uberly fancy Chinese restaurant! I would never ever be able to afford but it was cool =)

Chinese Restaurant
But by far the coolest thing was on Sunday. We had went and tried to do as much finding as we could before the storm hit. The storm actually got prolonged, but everybody we talked to refused us. We prayed and had the idea to go back to the apartment. So we went back and started calling people but had no luck there so we knelt and prayed to see what we should do next. After the prayer we both pondered and I got the idea go near a dentist. (I hate the dentist) but I followed and we went searching; after finally finding a dentist office we went to the apartment building close by. We knock almost all the doors and they all rejected us quite rudely. More than normal. We were on the last door all most time to go home, exhausted frustrated, but as he opened the door his eyes lit up. He said to please come in. He began to tell us how happy he was that we visited and how he has been very lonely lately. We told him that we were church volunteers and he agreed to hear our message. After a spirit pack 20 min or so he told us that this is something he needs to know about! God is truly preparing people. I love this work and I love these people. I hope everybody has an opportunity to feel the love I feel. I feel as if Jesus Christ is channeling his love through me to this people. There is nothing better when you can look at somebody on the street you have never met but love him like you have been best friends forever! This is so true! 
 
=) Elder Goff