Sunday, March 8, 2015

Week 2 Hirakata City

So this week was an interesting one! One of the less active members we have been working with got put in jail this week. We have been working with her really hard to help her quit alcohol and stuff like that. But I guess on Tuesday night a friend invited her to go drinking and they went and she got super drunk. When she returned home her non member husband tried to talk to her and fix a problem that had been going on for a while. I guess the argument escalated and she began beating him with a golf club. After this she ran from the hose and when she got outside a neighbor elderly man said hello and tried to talk to here just in a friendly way and she ended up punching him. After this he called the cops and they arrested her. Well that night the husband called us about 3 in the morning informing us of what happened.  We had built a very good friendship with the husband, so he said when he needed help his first thought was us. Well we got our bags ready and went over to his house and talked to him and helped him fix a few things around the house that was broken. 

The next day we went to the jail and we were able to meet with her. It was a really interesting experience. I had to fill out a ton of paperwork and if I got anything wrong they would not let us she her. Luckily I got it all right. Then we were ushered down a dark hallway to a room. And there we got to talk to her for 5 mins. That’s all they would let us. As we were talking she just kept saying I’m so sorry. God will never forgive will he.... Luckily I was able to interrupt her and bear testimony of the atonement. As we did this she started crying. We committed her to continue repenting. We are planning and going to visit her tomorrow. But ya that was my exciting experience for the week. 

The picture is me and my companion in front of the jail =) Truly an experience I will never forget. 















So one fun thing this week was than one of my favorite investigators form my past area in Osaka had a birthday party. It was so fun to see him again. He didn't know I was coming and when he saw me he freaked out and ran and gave me a hug.