Sunday, May 3, 2015

Week 10 Hirakata City

Hello everybody! 

Something really cool happened on Sunday so I got this random call this week and it was a girl asking what time church started and I told her. But I had no idea who she was. Well she showed up this Sunday and it turns out that she had met the missionaries when she was a foreign exchange student in Canada and when she got back to Japan she wanted to continue to learn. So after church we were able to teach her and she really liked it. When she was in Canada the missionaries only spoke English so she didn't understand very much but it was really cool to see all the dots connect. I don't know it was really cool to see how the Lord prepares people.

But other that we had an amazing week and we were able to meet a lot of people. The only bad thing was I got super sunburned. We had a ward BBQ and ya I got toasted. So I look a little weird but ohh well ;) Also the less active who was in jail. Last week she had her trail and they gave her house arrest. Or in other words she is allowed to leave the house but another responsible adult has to be with her. So guess what! So during the time she was in jail we got her an old addition of a general conference Ensign and a Book of Mormon. ( it was really hard to get it to her and it took a ton of convincing to the guards but with no doubt Gods power was with me as I spoke and they allowed it.) Any who she read them every day and had experience after experience. And she made a promise with God to turn her life around and to follow him. So yesterday she came to church and she felt really guilty but she still came and felt good. I hope she can stay true. We are trying to meet her as often as possible. But ya that made my week good =) I love being a missionary!  It’s the best =() 

Love you all, Elder Goff