子に痴話、お顔輝ですか (Hello how
are you?)
The MTC has been so amazing for me!
Yesterday we had the opportunity to reflect on the MTC and to see how much our
testimonies have changed and how much our personalities have change..... I can officially
say that in the last week I have lost about 10 lbs., my companion too. We are
just so sick of the food that it is beginning to get hard to eat. But
ohhh well it’s all good my heart is still beating.
Now to tell of the more spiritual
matters of the MTC . When I entered the MTC I believed the church was true but to
be honest I did not know 100%. Now, Oh my how
that has changed. I can say, with all my heart, I know this church is true!
Probably the biggest testimony builder has been to study the scriptures an hour
every day. My companion and I bought a paperback Book of Mormon the first week
here. We then got a bunch of marking pencils and began deeply studying every
verse. I am not very far but it has been so amazing to see what you can get out
of every scripture. I know that every verse is important and that it is there
from revelation from God. I know that by following the principles taught in the
Book of Mormon that anybody and everybody can come to know and follow our
savior Jesus Christ.
Another cool thing that my companion
and I have been doing personally is picking a Christ-like attribute every week,
studying and working on trying to become better in the attribute. In the Preach
My Gospel, it gives a whole chapter about Christ-like attributes. It has been
so amazing to be able to read and to strive to become more like Christ.
Our lessons with our investigators
have been going so well. My companion and I are holding a baptismal service for
one of our investigators on Thursday I am super excited! Although he is a fake
investigator, it has still been so amazing to watch his testimony grow. When we
began teaching him he had no Idea about God or Christ, but he was dedicated and
you could feel him literally come closer to Christ. The other investigator we
are going to invite to be baptized today. It's quite nerve racking but it is so
amazing when the investigator says that he will take the needed steps to come
closer to Christ.
I love both of our teachers they are
so amazing and so spiritual. I want to be able to have a testimony like them.
It has been nice to have them be a role model and give us all something to
strive for. But to this day my biggest role model is my dad. I can say I have
the best dad in the whole world. The day I went into the MTC he told me to hold
nothing back, I can now say I have held nothing back! I have studied to my limits and the Lord has
blessed me so much in doing it. Thank you dad for giving me the challenge and for
always showing me how to do it. My dad is the best; he is so Christ-like I
strive to be like him daily. Love you dad!
I would like to thank everybody else
all my family and awesome friends. You have helped me so much in my life. In 1 Peter 1:7-8 it says"That the trial of your faith, being much more
precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found
unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love…" Yes, the trials in my life have been hard they have been almost unbearable at
times but I would never go back and erase them. They have made me who I am and
the testimony I have today. Please everyone; never forget how special your
testimony is. Nourish and strengthen it daily. Always never doubt what you
believe! Never be afraid to declare what
you believe in, just like Abinadi would rather die than to recall his testimony
(Mosiah 17:8-10).
Remember that every member is a missionary and is needed to bring forth God's
work the on earth. I love you all and I love the Lord!
Talk to you next week Ai
shitemasu!