Sunday, September 1, 2013

Matsue Week 7

Konichiwa mina san!


This week was really fun and hard at the same time. Typhoon season has officially begun so we are always wet=) that has been interesting when riding your bike in sometimes over a foot of water =) But nothing can or will stop the work of god from progressing!
 
One of the best sunsets in the world in Matsue!
For this week, we have truly seen so many miracles. One of our investigators received an answer to his prayers and I have never fought so hard not to cry. The way he explained how he first felt Gods love for him. This investigator can’t read but he so makes up for it in every other way. So this week we also had a fun time we made root beer floats. So good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got to love it!

But what I love more is this gospel. I love my mission. Having the opportunity to wake up every morning and to put on a badge and talk about God and Christ all day is truly the best thing ever. I’m sorry everybody but I don’t want to ever come home. I just want to stay here forever! I know this gospel is true and that Jesus Christ lives!
Love you all!

Elder Goff
 
 

Question's asked by his family:
 
How many people are you teaching?
We are teaching 8 people as of now
What are you eating most?
We mostly eat rice, and we eat a lot of yakusoba- its fried vegetables with fried spaghetti noodles with a sweet soy sauce topped with a raw egg. SOOOOOOOO good! 
What is your favorite food?
Watch Tan
My favorite food is Yakusoba or curry
Do you get to play soccer or basketball?
There is a big sports park where we go streeting sometimes so when people are playing we use my basketball skills to get to know people. Haven’t played soccer yet unfortunately. 
Do you actually eat teriyaki and orange chicken there?
We occasionally eat teriyaki but orange chicken is Chinese geez!
Are you getting fed well by the members?  or do you cook most of your meals?
We get a meal from a member about 1 a week, but the members give us so much food at church
What color is your bike?
My bike is orange
Are you really tall and stand out in Japan?
I am extremely tall! I stick out a ton =) my companion refers to me as the tall American =)
Do you like Wasabi Sauce in small amounts?
Wasabi is of the devil it is so hot!!!!!!!!! But in extremely small amounts its good. We have some wasabi peanuts, which are really good 
How's the beef?
I haven’t had any of the beef yet so ya. 
How is the pad you sleep on, back hurt?
The pad is getting better but ya my back usually hurts when I wake up. 



Me and my companion making Rootbeer