Hello everybody,
How is everybody doing? I hope you are all staying warm and healthy. So about this week; it has been a little bit of a harder one. As we are winding down to the baptisms it seems that every time we climb one wall there is one just as high right on the other side. With our 14 year old investigator we had an amazing lesson. The spirit was so strong. We had to teach all the commandments in one lesson it was a brutal one! But he agreed 100 percent to follow them. We figured he had no previous problems with them, but during his prayer he said "Heavenly father previously I have been drinking coffee. Thank you for teaching me today that it is bad. Please help me to stop" As I heard this spirit just enveloped me. Here was this 14 year old kid. He is 100 percent willing to follow anything that God tells him. I truly do not know what to say. I think I go into the lesson to teach him but some way or another I seem to learn more from him. After the lesson we asked him hey since you met the missionaries what has changed in your life. He drew this picture.
I love this kid so much! Two days later we got a call from his mother. She explained to us that she didn’t want her son joining the church. As I was talking with her I swear every ounce of happiness left my body. I addressed many of the concerns and I think she may be okay with it now but we are meeting her in 2 days. I’m so nervous. As I was studying in my scripture this morning I came a crossed a verse in the Bible it is Matthew 19:26 "...with man this is impossible but with God all things are possible".
There is probably no way I can do this. I have been called as a missionary to do what mortals can’t do. But I know with no doubt that God can do all things. If this is truly is his work there is nothing that can stand in his way. I will put my trust in him and all things will work out!
I hope you have a fantastic week. If you, like my investigator, are facing what seems impossible, it probably is. So you better just rely on the guy who does the impossible.
Love you all, Elder Goff
Last Preparation Day we went to a place called Bamppaku Park. They have this massive statue that I guess is famous. It has like three faces.

