Sunday, January 19, 2014

Week 9 Osaka

Hey everybody I apologize for not writing one last week. We had some things happen so I didn’t have time sorry...... 
 
But anyways this week has been really good! It got super uber cold! It snowed yesterday. Which is way rare! But it was fun. But today it is unbearably cold! It is about the first day I have actually been cold. So with all the investigators they are doing amazing. We have two people getting really close to baptism their date is 2/1 so ya looking good I am way excited so a quick story. This week we had a really spiritual experience with our 14 yr old investigator. He had just taught him the plan of salvation. Then he gave the closing prayer. And he prayed so long and so hard. He told his heavenly father that he wanted to go to heaven with his family. He then went on to ask how it was possible. Then at the end he thanked God for me and my companion for finding him and teaching the truth. It was so spiritual to see a 14 yr old boy pray to his father like that! I’m here in Japan being taught how to pray by a 14 yr old. It is awesome! I love this kid he is a spiritual giant! He is so excited for his baptism. This week we only have one more lesson with him then he has the interview. So ya I can hardly hold still.
The other investigator ready to be baptized is doing really good. Yesterday we had a big review session to see where he was at. He said he believed everything. And he told us he desires more than ever to join the church. (This investigator has been meeting with missionaries off and on for about 6 yrs.) so ya he has improved so much! He just has one problem. He is having a hard time quitting smoking. He keeps on trying and trying to quit but just can’t beat it. Does anybody have any tips? If you do please let me know.... thank you, well I’m sorry that is about all I have time for but thank you so much everybody for support me out here on my mission. It has been amazing to have that support group. Thank you everybody for all the letters and prayers! Also found a cool scripture this week I would like to share with everybody its Romans 8:18. No matter how hard life gets it does not compare anything to the joy we will feel in the next. Love you all so much and remember you Father in Heaven loves you too. Alrighty see ya all! 
Love Elder Goff