Sunday, June 29, 2014

Week 8 Kakogawa

Hello everybody!

This week was really good!  I hope all of you also had a good week. This past week was a very good one for food. So this week I had the best sushi I have eaten so far, birthday cake, tempura, freshly caught and killed Turtle soup, turtle eggs, the best ramen thus far, and Kobe beef! Ya thats right Kobe beef! I couldn’t believe how good it was! It was so soft that it just melted in my mouth! Also there are 2 recent converts in the ward that we have been teaching the after baptism lessons to. That has been really fun to see how they are apply the gospel in their lives. They both come every week with spiritual experiences to share with us. It is truly amazing to see the effect the gospel has on people’s lives. The most recent convert, before her baptism she was not the most outgoing or the most talkative person but ever since her baptism it seems as if she is just glowing! I love them both!  I also had to teach District meeting this past week. I talked a lot on how we need to set goals and faithfully work towards them. While I was preparing for it I found a really cool scripture

2 Corinthians 5:7    " (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)"

I love the ":) "  But other than that I love the image it puts. We need to have the faith to the extent that we could walk without sight. But how does one acquire such faith. Well I think it is a lot like have faith in another person. You need to spend enough time with them so you can understand many of their attributes and have the trust relationship. Now we just apply this to having faith in God and Christ. We need to learn of them and "Spend time" with them. Or in other words we need to pray, read scriptures and attend church. Just the basic answers but as we truly apply this we can see an increase of faith to the extent that we do not need to see but can just walk by faith.

That is a lot of what I talked about. It was really cool to learn and study about that =)

Well that was my week. Love you all

Elder Goff
Turtle Eggs


Turtle
Turtle Soup