Hello everybody! =)
I hope everybody had a
wonderful 4th of July. Ya that is a holiday that nobody celebrates in Japan,
but funny a lot of people knew about it! My companion and I celebrating as Americans
do and we went to a buffet and ate way too much! haha It was really funny everybody was staring
after the 5 plate =) haha. I ate my money’s
worth for sure!
But onto more of a spiritual note. Recently I have been reading
through the Book of Mormon really slowly in effort to more understand some of
the messages. This past week I read 1 Nephi 16.
One of the things that really stood out to me was verses 9 and 10: (1 Nephi 16: 9-10)
9 And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord spake
unto my father by night, and commanded him that on the morrow he should take
his journey into the wilderness.
10 And it came to pass that as my
father arose in the morning, and went forth to the tent door, to his great
astonishment he beheld upon the ground a round ball of curious workmanship; and
it was of fine brass. And within the ball were two spindles; and the one
pointed the way whither we should go into the wilderness.
I love how in 9 the Lord
commands Lehi to do something then in 10 he provides a way. That is just like 1Nephi 3:7.
This is especially
something that I have seen through my mission. When I received my call, I didn’t
know how I was going to complete my call but the Lord came in and strengthened
me. Then the Lord called me as a District Leader, and right after he prepared a
way for me to complete the task I had been given. So I can truly tell all of
you that when you receive a command from the Lord, don’t fear go and do and the
Lord will provide a way!
Love you all and hope
you have a wonderful week!
Elder Goff
| Kobe, Japan |
| Dip Tempura in Miso Soup |
| Making Homemade Tempura |