Hello everybody!
So this week was really good. We were able
to see an amazing miracle here. So there is this guy, whose parents are members
but he is not. He went to church as a child but then his parents went less
active so he was not baptized. About 1 year ago the missionaries
contacted him and invited him to come to church again. He did he came with his
family =) Since then he has been meeting with missionaries, but has been really
hesitant on being baptized. But recently his family got hit with a really hard
trial. In December a new born baby boy, Yuki was born. Yuki was born with a
couple of problems. The largest being that the chambers in his heart were
reversed. He immediately went into ICU for surgery. He pulled through the
surgery but it took its toll on little Yuki. On Tuesday we get a call from the
father almost in tears saying, Yuki is not doing good. I’m not sure what I am
supposed to do. Would there be any possible way that you could give me a
priesthood blessing? Of course we answered yes. So he came to the church and we
talked a little bit. He was really shook up. He told us that Yuki was just
living off of a machine right now and his face and body had no color. It was as
if he was dead. He asked me to perform the blessing. I was blown away at the responsibility
of what I had been asked to do. But as I laid my hands on his head the words
just came as they always do. I don’t recall any of the words which I said all
that I know is the feeling was as if God was there also. Telling us that it all
be okay. In this spiritual oasis we all of course cried. As he left he said I
got the power I was looking for. As we left we all decided to fast for little Yuki.
On Thursday we had decided to go see him. As we were heading to the hospital we
gave us a call. He was so full of joy as he told us how his son had improve.
His heart rate went up and all color had returned to his body. As I hung of the
phone it felt as if my whole soul was filled with joy. I could not help but
say, stand still and see the power of our mighty God. He truly does care for
us. We also were able to go and see him in the hospital which also just raised
my joy. All the father could say was that it was truly the power of God! Since
that day Yuki has been improve at a slow steady pace. Yesterday he had finally
opened his eyes and he was trying to make noises.
God truly does answer our
prayers if we can just only have faith in him =)