Sunday, January 25, 2015

Week 20 Tokushima

Thank you everybody for your prayers! I was able to get over the sickness very quickly! =) Well as for this week, i went out with the other missionaries in the area a lot because my companion was sick. On Thursday I went out with Santos 長老 and we visited someone he had housed into before. Her name was Shizue. Shizue was going through quite a few trials in her life. She had separated from her husband and daughter and had not seen her daughter in over a year and a half, then she had just recently lost her job meaning she had to move back in with her parents but if she moved to her parents she feared that she would never be able to see her daughter again. Ya so has she explained all of this we kinda scraped all the plans before and began to teach her about God and prayer. It was really cool as we began to teach and to testify of God she began to feel the spirit more and more. The light she had lost a long time ago began to appear in her eyes. It was really cool to see that God truly does care about and seek to help his children. Well she moved the next day but it was cool that God sent us to comfort his daughter and to make the connection He so desperately wanted with her. It was way good!  

But the rest of the week was pretty hard. We learned on Tuesday that Yuki had passed away. We were also invited to his funeral on Friday. In was really hard. that is probably the most I have ever cried in my life. It was so hard to see people to mourn to that extent. To watch people who mourn that have no idea where that little boy went. Especially the mother she had not met with the missionaries very much unfortunately. It was as if her world had ended. And there was nothing I could do to comfort her. The ceremony was done in very traditional Japanese so there was a monk and all. That part was very interesting. But I could not imagine the pain of not knowing. When I went to the funeral I was fine until I saw the father and he came over and gave me a hug. It was then I was overcome. to see the pain of a friend. As we cried he muttered that you for all your prayers. They are all that are keeping me alive now. You know in life we don’t know the will of God but all we can do is have faith that he knows what he is doing. And as long as we have faith he will give us the power to over come anything that comes our way. I can truly testify of this! 

Love,Elder Goff